We take the intellectual property rights of others seriously and require that our Users do the same. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) established a process for addressing claims of copyright infringement. If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through Upbound’s services, please send a notice that meets the minimum requirements of the DMCA, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take appropriate action.
You must include:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your name, title (if acting as an agent), address, telephone number, and email address; The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”;
- The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
Submissions under this DMCA Policy should be sent to email@example.com
We will review your submission and take whatever action we deem appropriate under the DMCA, including the removal of the challenged content from the website. Further more, we may, in appropriate circumstances, disable access or terminate the account(s) of the reported user(s).
If it is not possible to come to an agreement with the reporting copyright owner, the content owner may submit a DMCA Counter-Notice to firstname.lastname@example.org within ten (10) business days of the date of our notice. If we receive a valid counter-complaint, we will email a copy of the notice to the copyright owner. The Counter-Notice is a legal document and must comply with the requirements of the DMCA and must include the following:
- Contact Information: Your name, title (if acting as an agent), physical address, email address, and phone number;
- Content Identification: A reasonable identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been blocked;
- Statement under Perjury: The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”;
- Consent to Jurisdiction: One of following statements (as appropriate):
- If based in the United States: “I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my provided address is located”
- If based outside of the United States: “I consent to the jurisdiction of any United States Federal District Court in which Upbound may be found”
- Consent to service of process: The following statement: “I will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification or an agent of such person”; and
- Signature: An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
If you’re sure you want to report content on Upbound’s services that you believe infringes your trademark, please provide the following information:
Details of the original trademark (and a description if it’s a logo). A list of the countries in which the trademark is registered. The registration number(s) of the trademark. A scanned copy of the trademark registration certificate(s) or screenshot of the registration on the website or database of the applicable national intellectual property office(s). A declaration of the following statement: “By submitting this notice, I state that I have a good-faith belief that the reported use, in the manner that I have complained of, is not authorized by the intellectual property rights owner, its agent or the law; that the information contained in this notice is accurate; and, under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights at issue”.
You can send this information to email@example.com, you should receive an automated confirmation of receipt.